Friday, April 5, 2013

Great first day! Took some effort but we're off to a roaring start! This first real climb, (all the way up and down pinegrove mills mountain) has proven to me even more how ready I am for everything that there is to come. This morning I was only picturing myself rolling down over the last hill with my dad leading the way, and pulling into the driveway of the farmhouse where we are staying, it's hard to believe that the daydream is over and the adventure is beginning. Already the first part is over. I've got some great pictures of our bike loaded down like a traveling camel. Luckily our bags got a free ride up the mountain so we didn't have to mess with the extra weight. Tomorrow though, those bags are sticking with us, all the way. To my apsolute glee, This morning I was given the apsol pleasure of speaking to a group of preschoolers at Grace Lutheran Church. I'll tell you something talking to little kids, can really make you rethink what you think is possible. My favorite thing about talking to pre-schoolers is their ability to come up with the most believable reasoniong for the most rediculas things. One question that the teacher asked me was, "So what will happen if it rains?" Before I could answer, kids were spitting out their own ideas left and right. My personal favorite explanation casme from a little boy who had been listening intently from the very beginning, making sure his two cents were thrown in at every possibility. "I bet that, they uh, um... press a magic button and a big huge tarp comes right up out of their seat, and keeps them all dry!" Man, I wish I had a magic bike. That would be really handy. Unfortuanatly, when the weather gets rough us bikers turn to rubbery rain pants and water proof coats. Today the ride was not too long, which I suppose it made up for in steepness. The long climb was not as bad as I had thought, meaning I wasn't wasn't really gasping for air and at no point did my legs turn into noodles and slip off the peddles. Truthfully it was all worth it for the view. I feel nice and accomplished having gotten up that mountain without a scratch or stop. I think I'm ready for the next few days, and ready to tell my story to anybody who will listen. This afternoon I rescieved sixty more prayers! I am so honored to be carrying these words of incouragment and hopes for our world. Thank you so much if you are reading this and you have written a letter that I am taking with me, for your support and everything else. Thank you. Pictures below, Us at the top of the mountain, baby goats on Bathony and Micah's farm, us at the waffle shop just before the start of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment