Saturday, April 6, 2013

baked oatmeal and mild farmwork started out our second day of biking. (Filtering carrots, or pulling out the seedlings that grew too close together was the farming part of the morning.) Met some really great farm animals yesterday, but I was too tired to post any stories last night. Hopefully I'll be able to post some footage of them soon, (Unfortuanatly the video camera died so I won't be able to upload until I get back). Basically the non-human family consisted of two very beautiful white horses, several very sassy sheep, and a handful of baby goats, much to my delight. This morning was rather frosty, but the sun was shining, keeping our spirits high. On the road leaving Bethany and Micah's wonderful farm home, an amazing scenery greeted us in every direction. Off to one side rolling hills and grassy fields, to the right, cute houses with barking dogs and covered pools. In huntingdon, a beautiful potluck lunch was layed out for us, complete with deliceous chocolate peanutbutter cake. There was also much descussion and questions about PAIPL, the trip, and bike routes for schools. I really liked listening to the people of huntingdon's bike friendly ideas. Especialy one from the owner of Standing Stone Coffee shop. He had the idea for bikeracks that were also spectacular works of art. Personally, I think it's a really cool idea, and I hope to be locking my bike up on one next time I'mthe neighorhood. After a very fruity smoothie from Standing Stone, we were on our way along a boring stretch of highway for about five miles, but luckily we were riding along the glistening Juniata river, which was just so pretty and captivating, making the concrete seem grander and the bumps seem smoother just by flowing fifteen yards away. I'm so glad that already on this trip, I've met so many interesting people, who I will keep in my mind for the remainder of the journey, and long after I suppose. There was the nice couple who whole heartedly welcomed us into their home, the smiling old man (turning seventy soon) who kindly directed us to a faster route (Saving us a huge climb) and proudly stating that he'd lived in the area his whole life, the pastor who loves to hunt,everybody who rode with us through downtown huntingdon and coming out of state college, and the many people who have supportingly beeped their horns while passing on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment